View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 11:40 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Finally picked up my 96 SVX. Temp gauge moves around a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
I hope you are right Trevor. I should find out tomorrow if it was the sender unit. If not, I am inclined to think the next most likely culprit is the gauge itself but, man, I don't want to rip apart the dash to get to it. Hopefully it is just the sender unit. Then I can move on to changing the ATF over to Redline D4. I am trying it out on my Tribeca next week for the 60K service. From what I have read, synthetics in the tranny and differentials buys you more than synthetic motor oil. For the motor oil, I switched over to Pennzoil High Mileage. I have heard great things about it.

Now, assuming all goes well with the other stuff, what do I do to get rid of "old car smell"?
Careful, you have given Keith the opening to jump in with more stupidity.

Therefore in anticipation, I point out that my advice was and is, that you should make sure that the temperature gauge is not faulty before deciding that something more expensive is involved. Something you confirm that you obviously knew all along, on the basis of common sense.

As far as the smell is concerned, Keith will no doubt tell you to get a new car.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!