Thread: SVX won't start
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 10:30 PM
Jay

Post SVX won't start

I have been meaning to take my SVX for a drive every couple of weeks as it isnt my main car and is just sitting in the garage. Recently I haven't driven it for maybe 1-2months. I tried starting it today, the dashboard lights up when I turn the key to the on position and it just makes this makes this rapid shuttering noise as I am trying to start it, the next time I tried it, it made the same noise but then it started some rapid beeping at the same time and the dashboard lights were flickering.

I then started the fan for in-car air w/o air conditioning turned on and let it run for a while, after a couple of minutes the fan stopped and the lights on the dashboard and fan display flashed rapidly and gradually were slowing down. So I pulled out the key.

After some quick googling I found out it may have some thing to do with a car component like ABS or a headlight maybe draining my battery without my key in the ignition. The engine isn't turning over at all, could this just be a battery issue? Shud I try and jump start?