View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 03:54 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXMAN2001
Well i am well underway to having removed my transmission from the 92 black svx i picked up last april, with the help from this board and the factory service manual the job is more than doable. that being said i have a couple of questions...

3) Before removing the transmission the car actually drove, although it did not go in reverse...when the car was on jacks the rear wheels did not move i thought it may have been because something in the transmission was seized, i have since removed the drive shaft and the rear wheels are still locked...is my rear differential seized? Or is that normal?
The rear section should not be locked as you describe. Before assuming faults within the differential you should make sure no brakes are binding, including the hand brake. Also be sure there is no other external obstruction.

All of this will know doubt have been checked and if so please excuse, but reinforcement of possibilities will not go amiss.

Have you given thought that, what you have discovered, could be allied to whatever were your transmission problems?

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!