View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
We are behind you all the way Jerry. Follow their directions and take it slow. You sight is worth it. Good luck.
I just spent the most BOORING 10 days of my recent life sitting on the recliner, NOT watching life pass me by!

I got to quit using the drops that made me 'light' intolerant yesterday. I can actually SEE a keyboard now, ( which is a GOOD thing since I have worn the numbers off of the right side of my keyboard at work)!

I still have a blue bubble in the right eye that the doctor said " Should go away over the next 3 weeks". I keep cleaning my glasses, hoping that it is just something that I spilled, splashed, etc, on them, but it won't go away!

I had a 'follow up' visit yesterday. I tested to a 20/15 -2 in BOTH eyes.
I still have a 'preception' problem due to the bubble, though. ( I was cooking some potato cakes). I pattied them up and put my fingers under them when I put them into the pre heated frying pan!!!! OUCH!!

I also made a pot of Chili, and put the first ladleful on the stovetop, since I missed the bowl that I was aiming at.

I have spent all day today 'purging' my office of all documents that dated back over 10 years, unless they were suited for the 'archives'.

Since it never got over 22 degrees today, the woodburner has had a FEAST!

I watched the weather channel for 2 days because I got tired of NOPI reruns! I just hit 'mute' and turned the classic rock station up.

We put a few more speakers in the office and the woodshop part of Huckleberrys place. We also 're-located' the 200 watt Kenwood amp, so I could hear the music over the saws and sanders, once I get the eyes back to where I won't chop fingers off when I use them.

I'm on the mend. My system is still screwed up from sleeping all day to avoid the sun, but I guess I can pull it back together before I go back to work on monday.......

God Bless all that were concerned for me! I hope that NONE of you ever have to go through what I put up with last week!

The hardest part was WATCHING the needles going into the EYE!

The laser felt like a 16 penny spike being pushed S-L-O-W-L-E-Y into my right temple! Then I had 4 days worth of 'Welders Flash' pain in the right eye.

I asked the Dr if the problem was caused by years of welding, etc. He said that it was NOT! He said that it sometimes happens 'spontainiously' in middle aged people.

So, DON'T get middle aged! The only problem is.... That the only way that you don't get 'Middle-aged' is to die young. I don't recommend that either.

My vision that allows me to shave cones on the tarmac never suffered a lick over this experience, I just might pour the 'victory' beer down the front of my shirt!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry