Thread: AC Issues...
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 11:01 AM

Registered SVX
Re: AC Issues...

Ok, bringing this back from the dead. I bought this car from Geoff and thought I found the problem of the sporadic A/C problem, I opened the hood and moved the wires on the compressor and voila, the a/c engaged. I figured it was a loose or dirty connection so every time the A/C would not turn on (which wasn't often and only on start up) I would unplug and plug the compressor. This past weekend I was moving some wires around to reposition the XM and GPS antennas and I removed the A/C amplifier to get to some wires.

Well liked I feared the A/C stopped working and then came back on after another start, hmmmm. So yesterday and the day before it worked first thing in the morning, but as it got hotter in the day and after start up it would not engage even with me unplugging the compressor (great back to square one ). Later in the evening it did engage and would engage after a few start ups around town the night before but last night it did not engage at all.

I did a little trouble shooting, checked the fuses, swapped the A/C clutch relay, did the A/C diagnostic (which read 00) and nothing changed. I don't think it's low on freon because it was always cold any time of day. The wires on the compressor when it was working would read 12v on the single wire plug and the double wire plug would read ground, now they all read ground Could it be another relay that is associated with the a/c not allowing the compressor to enegage? I also found this little bugger in the passenger floor board area, anyone have an idea of what it is and could it affect the a/c?