Thread: Coat of Arms
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourConfused View Post
In the 90's there was a 1K+ family reunion that happened in CO and that is where the crest was later seen by me. (I did not attend as I did not know about it in time.) If memory serves, my people are Scott's that came over on the second settlement ships as missionaries.

Getting a crest is going to be put on the list of things to do this year.

My whole family is 'abuzz' on the topic!! My eldest brother has offered to help 'defray' the cost of the mass production of the 'items'.

If the 'charlatins' try to fleese you. I have found an artist that has the desire to make this sort of thing his 'retirement years' vocation. Judging by the number of gray hairs on his head, I would guess that this is in his 'near' plans. If you can get a rough copy, he can restore it to it's former 'Glory'.

He is a little more 'pricey' than the fabricators' on the net, but he will respect your wishes and produce what you want.

He actually offered a better price on the 'art' than the young guys that never even told me what they would do with it, they just gave me the 'dollar per hour' rate, without any input from ME!! ( WRONG answer!!) Damn it, IT's MINE!!! I want it MY way!

The guy showed me a cedar chest with HIS crest on top, a brass plaque that he did for his friend, some glass that he had 'lasered' it on the back of, some patches that had similar detail, etc. Then he showed me a price list for all the other stuff he could do that blew the other guys away!

I will show examples of his work for anyone that has a similar interest.

I noticed a 'renewed' interest in family history with the youngest daughter when I handed her a couple copies of it. She grabbed a few colored pencils and retired to her room. If her ideas are worthey, I will present them to the artist tomorrow!

When I told her that the picture that she held in her hand was painted on the shields that her ancestors carried into battle with the Brittish 400 years ago, she started thinking more about her 'ancestory'.

Sometimes, you just gotta pull on the past to make sure that there is a future.

Sorta like driving an SVX when everyone else has a Camrey............. That's why I came here! HISTORY!!!!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry