View Single Post
Old 07-06-2001, 09:37 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Exclamation YIKES!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Yep, Hog Rings. I love that terminology. Did you buy your hog ring pliers for upholstery reasons, or, did you have them left over from working on the farm?

Reminds me of Terrell Runner, in the third grade. He brought this interesting contraption to school for show and tell. It looked like a pair of pliers, but, it had these six tines at right angles. You placed a rubber washer on the tines, pressed the handles of the pliers and they expanded the rubber washer. You then held the tines just below the scrotum of a young bull, released the handles on the pliers and it shot the rubber washer up around the top of the scrotum, choking off the poor guy's manhood. Yikes! The things you learn in a rural school in the third grade. O'course, it was a lot less messy than the way Grandpa did it. Ever seen a linoleum knife? EEEK!
Yep, I've also seen those "De-bulling" pliers in action first hand. My buddy's dad had 10-15 beef cattle at any given time and they kept only one bull for studding purposes. So every spring we had to go out with him and sterilize all the young bulls. Took two of us to hold the poor guy down while his dad put on the rubber band. Definitely an OUCH!!