What do you mean wrong SVX?

Re: One hell of an electrical gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
Give me a minute to find my post.
And here it is
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52869

I should ask if your radio works.

Also I can't comment on the windows I don't believe it to be a related issue just one that happened at the same time.
My radio works, and I don't SEEM to be having the same problems you were describing in that post. The cig fuse is not blown in my car. Regardless, I do recall that my light in the visor stopped working recently, but I haven't checked the bulb to see if it's blown. I'm going to do that tomorrow, I honestly hope the issue is related to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Find all units in the circuit for the fuse that keeps blowing...

Unplug them one by one why measuring resistance to ground using a std DVOM. Once there is an open circuit or very high resistance to ground, you have found your component that is cooking... or at very least you have found the section of wire that is shorting out. Have you had an alternator failure recently?

Tom
Sounds like a field day No alternator fault. I've got half a mind at this point to put in a 25 amp fuse and see what starts smoking...but that'd just be out of frustration. On a side note, how the hell do you remove the cigarette lighter without breaking anything? I wanted to check the connection behind it but couldn't get it out for the life of me.