Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 12:22 PM

All gears.. when it does this none of the gears forward or reverse work at all. But if I allow it to sit for awhile then they work again but only for a short period of time. And if I go up a hill then they go out too.

When you start the vehicle up there is a very very loud gear noise coming from the transmission area. It is loud enough you cant hear anything else. There is a rattling sound that goes along with the gear noise. When I put it into gear at times I can hear a poping clicking sound which reminds me of the sound a CV joint makes prior to it failing. At times when I first put it into gear the transmission thunks as if a transmission mount has failed and it allowing the transmission to move up and down making it hit the transmission tunnel.

If you have ever had a rear main seal go out on a car with a manual transmission and the oil gets all over the clutch. Thats how the svx drives. You can get it moving but if you hit a hill then it slips. If you rev the engine up there is a very large chance it is going to slip and you wont move. That with the transmission noise.

But the transmission fluid doesnt look or smell burnt. It appears to be normal.