View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 11:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to subru92svx
I would go with a whole Magnaflow setup. I had my exhaust cut right after my 02 sensors, got rid of precats and started with the new system. I went from there with 2" pipe to a Magnaflow high-flow catalytic converter (part# 94007). From the converter I went to a Magnaflow muffler/resonator (part# 14416). Then From that I went back to a Magnaflow muffler (part# 14266). I used the stock exhaust tips when I had it done, but I'm plaining on doing new ones soon since stock ones are restrictive with their 1.5" inlet. I just haven't found ones I like as much as the stock ones with a 2.25"-2.50" inlet. After it was all done I was getting a nice low rumble, but a nasty resonating sound at 3000k from cutting out my precats. I solved it by purchasing two new Magnaflow precats (part# 50004) and had them installed where the old precats used to sit in the exhaust. Fixed the noise right up. I have heard of others fixing it by installing two small resonators or you could also just leave in the stock precats. I would look on ebay from these parts if you plan on doing your exhaust. You will find they are much cheaper on there then they are on the Magnaflow website. Hope this helped.