View Single Post
Old 11-26-2002, 12:43 AM

Egine bog down and 10MPG

Hey GUys..
I also have a 92 and have the same problem. my Fix was to simply let it warm up.. Even if I give it a min to do so... If you ait an extra minute the Rpm's will start to drop a bit as the car wwarms up... Beav is 100 COrrect about the wait time between loop and open loop..
what my car does, if right after start up, if I give it a minute.. It's BOgs at anything over 2k rpms'.. Even if you give it more gas, it lags for just a sec, and takes off..
let it warm up.... ALL the suggestions of Sprak plugs, filters, and TB cleaning.. Can also cause this.. the SVX requires a little more care in those are then some cars, but well worth it.. Keep up the maintenance and it will take of you..

THe 10 mpg problem....... You do have something going on.
goes without saying..
I would look into having your fuel injectors cleaned and the Throttle body cleaned as well.. Reset your computer. CHange the fuel filter is it hasn't been change in a while.. Stop pouring so much Techron in your tank.. Techron is a good fuel additive, but TOO much will foul the plugs..
Too much of many of those cleaners in the tank, at once will cause excessive plug deposites.. which give poor mpg, loss of power Etc.....

BG44k, Red line Fuel system cleaner, are top quality products..
MIght want to try them .. GM corp... Did a study on redline products.. THe results were very favorable in all of Gm's engines.
as they were very quick to build up carbon deposites. The red line cleaner broke those down the best and from the study gave the best results.
another thing Beav mentioned.. THe thinning of your oil by possible blow by.. you need to address this 10 MPG thing ASAP as this is asking for greif down the road in the not so distant future.

there is a rather simple procedure to cleaning the injectors.. However it works much better when they are done on a machine that maintains the proper Psi during the cleaning cycle.
best of luck
SVX1999