View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 06:23 AM
Registered Loser

The exact car I used to dream about

I saw this exact car first when I was about 14, I'd be on my way to my mates house and used to see the car quite frequently. The car was barely driven and always stayed in the same parking spot in the street.
One day it disappeared until I realised the owner must have moved up the road, I wasn't sure if it was the same car.. it was still black and couldn't imagine there'd be more than one SVX in the Bondi area.

This is what it looks like today.

I slipped a note in the owners window about over a month ago with my phone number and asking what he plans to do with the car because it would be handy for parts, I wasn't expecting a response, but he called saying, "Yes, my car is for sale if you want it, it's in immaculate condition, it's like brand new and it's only travelled 130,000kms". The thing that scared me about this guy is how serious he sounded about the "immaculate condition" of his car, I really thought he was making a joke. I just said "ok" instead of arguing that his car was pretty much.. not a car anymore. I haven't bothered speaking to him again but I probably should since he mentioned his rego runs out next month and the car has to go.

What a shame, this car used to be a perfect example.