View Single Post
Old 05-20-2002, 10:27 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by kuoh
Is this the same Scott that used to be at Subaruparts.com? He was very helpful when I called to buy some parts way back when. I think he was the one that helped me to track down the part number for the diff mounts. I haven't ordered any parts from them recently, but I know the webmaster at subaruparts.com visits here every once in awhile. Maybe he can help with the situation at subaruparts.com?

KuoH
Kuo,
Yes, it's the same Scott Williams who was at Subaruparts.com. I havn't had to order parts for a while, but, when checking on the price of my TCU, I found it at 475.00 at 1stparts, while 460.00 at subaruparts.com. Still, I'm going to tread softly on parts orders. I'll check price first, then, judge by service afterwards. Although I've had some mucky doin's with subaruparts.com, since they've changed shipping providers (used to take me 5-7 days via UPS), it seems I get my parts quicker than I used to.

Those who order from 1stparts, please keep us informed of their shipping supplier and shipping prices. Subaruparts charges 10% of the price of the part (which would've bumped the price of my TCU up another 50 bucks, had I ordered it -- too much, if you ask me). I'd be interested to know about 1stparts shipping.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI