View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannmarr
Is the car over heating because you feel it or because the gauge is telling you this? Are you sure the fan goes on? Is the temperture gauge working fine? Did the mechanic check the temperture sensor if it works properly? Mechanics who don't know how to fix a problem usually give you a run around with a crazy price or 'it's not worth it'. Go to a trained Subaru mechanic with experience on the SVX before you make a decision.
1. The gauge is telling me that I'm overheating
2. yes, the fans are working and have been inspected by an official Subaru mechanic at a Subaru dealership
3. yes, I assume the temp gauge is working properly because mechanic should have checked such a basic thing, plus the only time it went into the red, my radiator blew up.
4. don't know if mechanic checked temp sensor, but he kept car for a week and said that he checked everything possible, including pressure checks.
5. yes, I agree, which is why only official Subaru mechanics with at least some SVX experience have been allowed to do any sort of work on this car, and why I'm going back to my trusted Swiss Subaru dealer/mechanic (who also doesn't treat me like a dumb, dizzy blond just because my German isn't perfect and I happen to be blond - sigh. Sometimes (not always) dealing with Germans is like a timewarp back to 1950's with regards to how women are treated)