View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 07:05 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: Twin Turbo EG33 Build - cozykat

The hydra replaces the oe ecu. It's an after market ecu. It's supposed to be a good one.

What I do is change the tuning in the oe ecu. It's not a piggy back. A piggy back is what they call something that fiddles with the signals going into and out of the ecu to modify what the ecu does. I don't make one of those. My memory adaptors are just a means of putting modified firmware into the oe ecu.

The reason to get the hydra is because it's designed to let you do your own tuning. The reson to get a retune of the oe engine management from me is because you want me to do it for you so you don't have to do your own tuning.

I'm going to guess I'll have my turbo system done before you'll have yours done so you'll be able to see the results of mine before you have to shell out any $$ for any engine management no matter which route you go. Speaking of coinciding projects, it sounds like we will both have the same flanges. You can get the turbo flanges ready made off ebay and you can get the eg33 exhaust flanges from smallcar but I'm going to cut some eg33 exhast flanges out of stainless flat bar and not profile the sides and cut a turbine inlet flange with extra material left on the top so I can weld it's edge to the edge of the exhaust manifold flange. I can cut you a set too if you want. This will stop the exhaust system from putting too much stress on the exhaust manifold tubing when the engine torques and hopefully prevent any cracks.