View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 02:01 PM

Registered SVX
Re: soon to be back in a SVX again

little update.
Decided to dig further into why the rear side windows have never worked. Took out the back seat, and both sides had connectors just laying on the floor. I had to pop off the side panel to get to the wiring for the switch, and after connecting them, both sides now roll up and down……not the only thing I have found disconnected on this car, ie, the rear trunk light was disconnected too but that was fixed my first couple days on the car.

Decided to replace the front diff gear oil so went to the store and purchased 2 jugs of 75w-90 fully synthetic gear oil. Let the old stuff drain for several hours and then i made a longer tube for my funnel and filled with new. Yes, I did this correctly, not my first Subie, and I do know the ATF is on the driver side and gear oil on the passenger side…….

Going to call and get some insurance on the SVX and also on my Honda RT4wD and will drive the SVX til the weather gets cold enough for the snow tires on my RT4WD…..then will only drive the SVX on the nice days going into winter. Once the salt flies, then the SVX will be covered and garaged.
97 SVX Lsi 70k
2003 s2000
91 RT4WD 166K