Thread: Gas Mileage
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessofDeath
neither do i, i hear it was not good to drop the tank too much especially in the winter - condensation, and it gets hard on the pump when there isn't much gas as well
Actually last I read on the subject the opposite is true today esp with plastic tanks (came from I think either British Car or maybe new enough to be ClassicMotorsports). Has to do more with gas additives more so than the gas itself. The shelf life of Ethanol and other additives is much shorter than that of the gas itself. By only filling in 1/2 increments you're leaving more of it behind to "mix" and then when it does come out it leaves behind varnish residue. Kinda like you never get all the old ATF out of a tranny.

As for the pump it does need gas for lub. so letting it go to the point of starvation around turns is quite bad, the way the SVX tank is designed though that's less than a gallon of gas in there.