Thread: Changing ATF
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2003, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nobody
Hi Joe, thanx!
Whole weekend I spent driving :-))) and this car really hit my heart! I am still solving one problem. When it is old (sits over nite) I can feel some wrench when changing from P to R or D and I can feel it also during shifting. I thought it is because car was sitting in garage for one year before I bougt it so I let local Subaru mechanics to replace all fluids, belts etc. I never noticed such a behavior before so I though there is someting wrong with ATF (which was replaced too for DEXTRON III). Then one guy from the forum adviced me to remove fuse and try it in FWD and as the mechanics says there was no problem. So I am in next level of finding solution. You know here in Czech Rep. there are only 7 SVXs and localy there are only 2. So this mechanics from Subaru have not too much experience, maybe I know more about SVX than they :-))). But the boss of service is a great fan for Subaru and they give me great discounts on parts and labour.
As for Mobil1, I have to say damn! I call local repressentative of ExxonMobile and he said that Mobil1 Synthetic ATF they do not import to Czech Republic (no demand everybody has manual tranny :-)) For 10 litres I should serch all over Europe :-(

Peter
Peter, I just remembered that when I bought my SVX last year, it had just had the clutch pack replaced by the dealer, and I heard a noise/thud coming from under the car. It turned out to be a loose bolt that they forgot to tighten.

Can you order the ATF on line and have it shipped to you?

If you are really stuck, I can get it here in the US and ship it to you.

Matt
98 Outback 180k
98 Dodge Durango 120k Ski Bus
A multitude of skis to feed my need to go faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.