View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 05:24 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to alia176
update 10/26/11

well, I finally got a chance to drive the car to work this week and got a feel for the tires and vibes. One of the biggest clue that my tire was out of balance was the shaking of the passenger seatback. That and my steering shimmy were my only two objective means of vibration detection.

Now, the passenger seatback is not shaking nearly as much or probably not at all. However, I do feel a light shimmy on the steering wheel, especially on long swooping turns. This weekend, I'll move one of the front tire to the rear and see what happens next week. After couple of days of that, I'll swap the other front tire to the rear and make a note of the vibes.

I have to say, that after the road force balance on all four tires, the vibes have been reduced quite a bit but not gone. I don't *feel* anything from the rear of the vehicle but until I sit back there while my wife drives the car, I won't know for sure.

What I'm curious about is what else can possibly be loose in my front end to cause or transmit tire vibration? I didn't change the control arm bushings but everything else was replaced. The steering does feel a little loose, for lack of a better term. The tie rod ends are new so I wonder if I have play inside the rack and pinion unit?

'92 SVX LSL
'03 4Runner
'96 FZJ80 Landcruiser
'90 Mercedes 300E