View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 07:17 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Completely dead SVX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
fusible link can be checked in seconds... unplug either end and test terminals on fusible link with ohmmeter.

Keith
It is not necessary to unplug the link. Simply check it for continuity with nothing in the car turned on.

A better check, is to test for voltage, which should be available at both ends of the link. Best to use a test lamp which draws reasonable current, rather than a sensitive meter.

According to the wiring diagrams, the only circuit not involving the fuse link is that supplying the head lights.

A rather strangely arranged circuit involves the connection of the alternator. I have tried to sort this out but have not received any co-operation. If this circuit is interupted, several sub circuits will be without battery voltage. Check in particular the plug connections and what I understand are white coloured wires running to the alternator.

There is also a 45 amp fuse which supplies the sub board which you should check. This is located alongside, and outside of the fuse link

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!