View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 06:32 PM

Re: August 16-17 - Summer Sizzler Autocross (Cumberland Airport)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX View Post
Wow... I was right behind Jen Moran in that beast of a built GC body both days!... Sunday though you can really see the power advantage she had over me on that straight... Nearly a second ahead verses saturday when it was only .2xx second ahead ... I'm proud of the SVX for doing so well

~ Chris
She must have made up that difference somewhere other than the straight. I was working the course for her runs and I told her to use 3rd gear for the straight. She has been trying to get used to the car, but she doesn't like to switch back and forth between gears a lot, so she ended up riding the rev-limiter in 2nd down the whole straight away on every run. I think she did pretty well considering her experience level with the car. It's pretty intimidating at first.

That Celica all-trac was definitely sick. I was quite envious of his tires (kinda like Bill's). We have yet to put a worthy set of tires on our Impreza. I'm happy with being only 1/2 a second away from a car running newer, better Hoosiers that are 40mm wider at every corner. I am also happy that I managed to beat all of the Cobras in Raw time on Sunday. Never done that before! I think I was just as surprised as they were.

1992 SVX AWD (Black)
1999 Outback Sport (Red)
2002 Mini Cooper S (Blue)

1994 Impreza LRXTi (Red/Black)
"Moran Family Racing Machine"

Last edited by BugBomb; 08-24-2008 at 06:43 PM.