Thread: wrx finished =>
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 11:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
you guys have to rember, your only going from 14.5 psi to 16.5-17 psi not much diffrence there, the factory ecu has no problem with that type of adjustment for fuel and timing, now if your runing over 20 psi then you need to take over from the ecu and over 25 psi need a stand alone system AEM,,hydra,,motec,,micro tec and a few others out there,

of the MBC fails or spikes, it never does, if you buy a nice MBC you will knwo it in a hurry."fuel cut" and if it goes over 17 psi it looses its effeiceny verry fast. its more like pushing hot air then actually boost pressure,

acessport has come a long way though, even the options of downloading new maps for small turbo upgrades, it cant get any easier then that, and if your not familier with boosts or no boost gauge thats the route to go,

the UTEC system i have has that also, downloadable maps for basic set ups, and turbo's it is a 2 dimensional tuning system, the real stand alones are 3 dimensional i.e RPM=boost=FUEL it will take any 3 paramters and andjust's timing/boost//fuel acordingly.

the utec systems still runs off factory ecu until 50-60% throtle and then it takes over you can actually feel this. i also have the UTEC runing my methanol injection wich does a great deal in cooling the cylinder walls.

water injection take your pump gas 93 octane and puts it to 108 octane relativly speaking,

Last edited by solarsvx; 07-20-2005 at 11:22 AM.