Old 11-18-2007, 04:58 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
Bump/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I really want to know the calculations used to generate those temperatures....
Sorry man, I forgot about your question. I have had a busy week at work.

I'm using a spreadsheet from Graham that does all the calculations once you change the parameters.

The parameters that will affect the output [hp and cyl temps] would be displacement, percentage efficiency of the charge cooling system and the efficiency of the pressurising technology, i.e. how much unwanted heat your blower or turbo produces [or how efficient it is, if you want to see it that way]. Also the compression ratio is a variable.

It is populated with manufacturers' figures for the various devices, so you have to select which manufacturer and which model you are using.

It also outputs the required air feed in cfm to generate the horsepower you are after. Should you dial up too big a number in hp for the blower you are planning to use, it will alert you that the cfm required is beyond the capacity of the pump to deliver. Possibly also the required boost level with blowers can be greater than the stated pump can deliver, this is flagged. Unlike centrifugal turbos, positive displacement pumps will suffer from blow-back beyond certain pressures.

And before you ask, no, I'm sorry, I can't send you a copy. Graham is planning to sell it in relation to his tuning business. If there was interest I suppose he could prepare a few copies for sale.

Cheers man

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl