Thread: My SVX
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Mr Soob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
Mine is all original and if I drive down the garage too fast - or worse, if I hit the brakes - the front hits the ground down the ramp. Be aware the car it is quite long before the front weels.
Exactly. This is something I forgot to mention... The number of times I've smacked scraped the tie down points (look under the front of the car.. they look like little tow hooks/eylets), particularly driving into service stations from the other side of the road (as you are heading directly front on), or into a driveway that has an incline is countless. I'm usually very careful and it amazes me how many times I still do it.

On several cars (ones I did not buy), these have been bent and worn severely and indicate that the car has been hit repeatedly and/or hard on driveway entrances. This can lead to all sorts of problems as we are going into immovable object/irresistable force here. At absolute worst, you could crack subframes or jar components so hard that you could end up losing lines or busting bolts.

Cars are built to withstand shock and damage, and the SVX isn't exactly made of paper, but lowering one would increase the frequency at which you break stuff by doing exactly what myself, James and Radar are advising against.

Again, coming from experienced guys here this is friendly advice. I'd stick to the mods that people are already doing. If you are doing it to be individual - you already ARE an individual by having one of these wonderful cars! Simply by changing the rims you are different to most of the other SX's out there too!
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178

Last edited by McTaff; 06-13-2005 at 11:11 AM.