Thread: My SVX
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 10:00 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
You would be better off putting in nolathene (sp??) bushings - see the ads in Hot4s/Fast4s for the suppliers (can't remember the name from here)

As for brakes, it can be done ('E' in Canberra who was working on a 5 speed conversion had fitted Liberty B4 brakes from memory) and there was an outfit (RaceBrakes Australia???) in Western Sydney near Eastern Creek who have done bits and pieces on Ferrari's and quoted $4000 for some AP Racing discs and calipers

but....

the question is why?

You will have insurance/engineering approval issues; the SVX is not and has never been a sports car but a grand tourer. With the WRX for example, the 'lower it/boost it' approach is building on what the car was already designed for...with the SVX, you would be trying to undo the skillset that FHI applied in getting a car that heavy to react in a manner comensurate with the type of car that it is - I would stay with the FHI engineering rather than a Parramatta Road, 'lower it fully sicccccccccck' mate outfit

That is not to say that you cannot push an SVX along at a fair old pace....I had taken mine on many Sunday morning runs with a group of like minded souls and you would be absolutely gobsmacked to see where the limits on the car are in stock form.....and to do that in supreme comfort, climate control purring away and select tunes on the CD player is something that a lowered ot the bumpstops car cannot do.

Seriously, bring the car to a decent suspension shop- get them to make sur everything is nice and tight, replace any bushings etc that are a bit worn (its 13 years old remember!) and fit a transmission cooler!!! (and don't don't don't don't use that towbar!!)

Upgrade the pads and get the discs replaced and drive it around for a while....will not cost that much and you can get an idea of whether you really want to go down what will be a very expensive route.

Please don't take this as anything other than some friendly advice - it is your car after all - but its a special and rare breed and needs to be treated accordingly!!

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!