View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 03:05 PM
How fast is fast?

Send a message via AIM to Bxsvx
Ok I got the tranny out finally after like 3 weeks, I am changing all the seals on the tranny, the front seal and the 2 axle seals, I ripped the new seal because I hit it with the handle portion of the screwdriver and I punctured it. I also took out the rear main seal and I am going to change the orange gasket material on the breather plate next to the rear main seal, my car was definitely leaking from there. I called suby up and he said its around 20 bucks for the tube, thats my local dealer, but the internet suby dealers which give 20-25 percent of said its 40? why is it double? I was installing the rear main seal and I pushed in one side to much, and well that seal is gone, I called up Kent-moore, for the special seal installer tools, they wanted $116.xx for the rear seal installer, $44.xx for the guide, and I forgot how much they wanted for the axle seals. I am definitly loosing allllllllllllllllllot of time and hair and also cash, so far in parts its bin around $ 290 including the tie rods. I also scored the tranny seal area, very little though, and also the rear main seal area. I guess i'm going to use some emery cloth and smooth it down. why meeeeeee?

Last edited by Bxsvx; 10-28-2004 at 03:07 PM.