Thread: Outgrown server
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 05:12 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Outgrown server

I definitely look to this site for any technical discussion, and will continue doing so.

I have resisted signing up to fakebook, but may begrudgingly do that if only to be able to see notices about meets and touch base with people who don't sign up to forums like this. But I won't try to have technical discussions on FB. It just is not conducive to long posts or providing the ability to quickly/easily link to or jump back to an older post.

As for your server here -- Since the traffic volume here has dropped, why not switch to a web host and free yourself of the care and feeding of your own hardware? I signed up for a deal several years back for a lifetime 50% discount, and have been paying ~$22 per YEAR for "unlimited" shared basic hosting. Similar discounts are still offered regularly (particularly around Black Fridays).

What are you paying currently for your data, plus extra expenses to maintain the hardware (e.g,. electricity, extra air conditioning, etc.)?

What capabilities would you need from a web host to run this site?

Is there any reason you couldn't do that?