Thread: 22mpg. ALWAYS.
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2002, 06:39 PM
Hitchhikin'

I'm jealous, I get about 20-21 mpg on along highway trip @ 80-90 mph. I wish I could get better mileage, but I get really restless and antsy at anything less than 85, it just feels soooooo slow in the SVX. I somehow wrung out a 400-mile trip without filling up once, but I remember driving painfully slow (think 75-80 mph ) to get that, and being terrified of being stranded on the side of the road near the end of the trip. I somehow mustered enough balls and testosterone to keep going against every urge to fill up, just to prove I could do it. Thankfully, my hormones didn't screw me over that time, and I filled up something like 17 or 17.5 gallons when I finally got there.

That being said, I REALLY need a good reason to drive slow; obviously, the risk of losing my car if I get another speeding ticket isn't enough. (Don't ask me why, it just doesn't get through to my head that it could all be over with one more slip-up) So I'm hoping that the opportunity to save on gas money and see near-instant benefits to my pocketbook might be sufficient. Would anyone know what would be the optimal speed to drive the SVX at to maximize mileage?