View Single Post
Old 11-03-2003, 11:55 PM
92Blacknessvx

My idling problem is SOLVED!!!!

Since I bought the car, 2 months ago, Ive been having nothing but problems with it. The rear lsd is out, it wouldnt run in the morning, and it idles and dies at every stoplight. Well, I now fixed the idling and dying problem. I went to the Subaru dealer and had them check it out. Too bad they had no idea what they were talking about, because they told me that I had to change the MAF sensor and both O2 sensors. Well, I did, and NOTHING was different. During this entire time, I kept hearing a whistling sound coming from the engine bay, so I figured that it was a vacuum problem. I then checked every inch of the Vacuum hose and ALL the lines, without finding a hole or anything! I then almost quit and almost sold the car. At the end, it turns out that I forgot one vacuum line that was not in reach, it was under the intake manifold. I decided just to go ahead and take off the entire manifold to get to that line to check it out, but before that, i started to unbolt the screws for the intake manifold only to find out that they were loose as hell!!! I could of unscrewed them with my fingers!! Turns out, there was tons of air escaping because they were tightened worth a damn. And thats what was making the whistling sound. So then I tighten the bolts and go out for a drive......no whistling....no dying....no out of control RPM...the car was PERFECT! It was also MUCH faster! I love this car!!! Now all i have to do is figure out why my rear wheels arent spinning, and Ill be good!