Thread: Top Speed
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 10:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
Not at 4500rpm, I would bet you're not. Peak power is a grand higher than that. Remember that the engine does not produce 230hp at all times - it only does this at its peak. I don't know what the SVX's power curve looks like. I imagine it's pretty linear, so let's be really unscientific and assume it is. If the engine produces 0hp at 0rpm and 230hp at 5400rpm, that means it'd be about 192hp at the crank at 4500rpm. Assuming 25% drivetrain loss (not unreasonable - have you seen inside one of these trannies? ) you get pretty close to Pete's theoretical number.

My BS math aside, the point is that your car does not produce its peak power at 4500rpm, which (according to Pete, and I'll buy it) is about what it should be doing at the speed we're talking about.

See now I'm just messing with you, because I'm making more than the Factory engine HP at the wheels (Note the Car Specs in the Sig.) . I'm running the Stage III kit. My limit in speed is because the STi tranny puts me at my 7300RPM redline around 135. I havent hit it yet. At 120MPH my car was pulling harder then it did stock from 60mph

Last edited by mikecg; 10-11-2006 at 10:48 AM.