View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 01:35 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
For a rally car the cheap controllers on Ebay are more than sufficient. They will allow for adjustability of the diff without complete loss of locking. For a street car they are a very different case.

Harvey, there are no more than one speed sensor in the 6mt and it is used for the speedo the auto controller from the factory more or less makes it a limited slip center diff but when it needs to give way for being driven on the street it will allow it without much effort. I am sure the rotational readings from the ABS sensors give the controller a good idea of what it is doing.

Tom
Thanks Tom, it looks to me, that the factory controller, operates the Limited Slip clutch, the same as the TCU in my car controls the VTD clutch.

The differences would be that the Controller, either, it can't see wheel spin, or it uses the ABS,as you suggest. Or it just anticipates it, by throttle and speed. The thumb wheel would just raise, or lower the controllers signal.

I reckon that you could trick a SVX TCU into running it in the same mode. Without the two speed sensors, it could not respond to wheel spin. That would be up to the driver.

It would just run, using the throttle, engine rpm and road speed, to do the same auto action. It would just need a thumbwheel to offset the throttle signal, to alter the level of the action. Just depends on that the signal level to the magnetic clutch is.

Maybe Matt could try it.
Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.