Thread: I gave in...
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2002, 05:45 PM
The Road Less Traveled

Re: Re: OT - Justy

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
That all depends on how tall you are and how far you want to drive it. I'm 6-0, mostly legs, and I find the seats unsupportive of my thighs.
I'm only 5'7", so it's OK. It'll mostly be for my shortie cutie girlfriend (5'1"). I think Subaru's in general, with the exception of the SVX, doesn't have great thigh support. I find it lacking on the 00 Legacy.

Quote:
For short trips and commuting, the Justy is a great little car. It only weighs 1,800 pounds, so the 3cyl is definitely adequate. It's nimble and surprisingly good in the snow. I put on $25 Sears-brand tires and it probably handles better than any other FWD car I've driven in snow.
How's the 3 cyl. with the A/C on?

Quote:
Make sure you get it up to speed on the freeway. I didn't find out until late in day one of our two-day drive home that my Justy is very drafty. I don't know whether this is typical of Justys - mine has obviously had the AC condenser replaced with an aftermarket one, and it fits poorly. So that's where I suspect the draft is coming from. Anyway, above 50mph or so, the passenger footwell has a cold wind blowing through it.
That's a "feature". It's called the auxilary A/C when the main one fails.

Quote:
My '93, in fantastic shape (really - it looks great) with only 87k miles on it was $750.
That's a stellar price. The $1100CDN is an OBO anyways, I'll have to see the condition to decide whether it's worth it.

VK