View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Re: Tell Me This Isnt a Transmission Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiftySVX View Post
The proper method of flushing won't disturb the slight amount of metal on the pan magnet, which yes is normal because of the planetary gearsets. Because the machine just goes in place of the cooler and simply lets the pump run the old fluid out and puts an equal amount of new fluid in. there isn't any "pressure" involved. However, if the hoses are then hooked up to a car with a filter in the opposite direction they came off, that's a problem.
We don't know what they did but it is safe to assume something happened if only after flushing this problems arises? I not trying to argue but we are merely assuming that the "technician" was thorough with the job. If the lines were crossed then he is going to have an issue. I am not a mechanic nor claim to be but could the person back flushed everything causing an issue? I think he needs to have a transmission shop look at this then if evidence shows it was caused by the shop, have a nice talk with them.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles