View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 09:12 AM

Have your SVX evaluated

Hello All,

in reading a post by "MoreIBNR" located at

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43248

I can make a suggestion to you all. As well, I am not sure how this may affect your insurance rate but if you gamble with it you may lose out and I don't like to gamble.

My suggestion: to those of you who have value in your cars that you cannot afford to lose or don't want to lose you should go out and invest the $100 bucks to have a professional insurance accepted evaluation of your car done. If the unfortunate situation of an accident or theft where a total loss should happen it is not pleasant when your insurance company gets back to you with a check for al lot less than what you paid or spent in recent repairs or mods. When the evaluation is done these things are taken into account. You need to make sure that this evaluation is done in accordance with your insurance company, send them the report (if favorable), and I believe it needs to be done every three years.

As well what you may not know is that aside form your cars value a insurance company is obligated to refund any repairs that you have recently done to the car. I had an Audi stolen a few years ago. The car was worth 10K according to the insurance company. Just a few months before I had a complete engine rebuild costing me some $2500 and new mags with tires put on. Luckily I had a picture of the car with the new mags as I could not find the receipt for them but the engine was done at the dealer so glad I paid the taxes. They had to repay me the 10K plus the $2500 for the rebuild and another $2000 for the mags and tires as the cars evaluation they provide is always based on standard factory specs.

All my cars that I have that I feel are worth more than the standard market value will allow I have this done and it has never failed me. Yes I may pay a bit more in insurance per year but if it means thousands more should I find myself in the unfortunate position of losing my car I will be thankful for it.

Just my two cents.

Regards

Max