View Single Post
Old 03-18-2002, 06:21 PM
howyadoin'

Time May Be Running Out

I think more information is needed. When you got a jump start, exactly what did the starter/engine do?? If the starter did not engage the fly wheel then your engine should not have internal damage since you did not mention any severe sounds or vibration coming from the engine before it died. If your engine did take in water as the tech claims it is very important to pull the plugs, change the oil, and have someone who knows what they are doing to make sure ALL water is out of the cylinders and crankcase before a re-start. Considering this is Monday you should have this done ASAP. I hope the mech who did the initial diagnosis was just attempting to take advantage of the situation and the next inspection only shows a water logged air filter and wet ignition sys. In regard to your $500 deductible, this sounds kinda high. Since you did not collide with anything and no one collided with you, your claim sounds like it should fall under your comprehensive coverage and USUALLY that deductible is less than your collision deductble. Comprehensive coverage is sometimes called O.T.C.(Other Than Collision). Yes, read your policy. Please remember I am not interpreting your auto policy nor am I giving you advice since I am not an attorney. I have not handled claims in TN nor am I licensed in that beautful state. John Valos