View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: East Coast-based 24 Hours of LeMONS/CHUMPCAR World Series SVX Race Team??

Nate! You could be our official trailer driver and wrench turner and ???
(yeah, we're going to have to find a trailer and something to tow it with...)

A little info on the LeMONS side of things:

Entry: $500 per car $100 per driver $75 for non-drivers. (Each team must have 4-6 drivers.) This fee covers registration, track time, paddock pass, track insurance, on-site ambulance crew, sweatshop-made commemorative crap, and anything else we come up with by then. Non-driving team members get all the same bennies except track time.

Think I might have a line on some sponsors. I'll just have to work this angle once we reach critical mass.

1.5: Winners and Prizes: There are four classes: A, B, C, and Prototype. Cars whose mechanical layouts have been radically altered from stock (ie mid-engined Metros and tube-frame Model Ts) may be moved to the Prototype class. All other classes are assigned (aka, pulled from our butts) during tech inspection based on the judges' best guesses; post-assignment whining gets you kicked into the next faster Class. The Class A-, Class B-, and Class C-winning teams each receive $500--usually in nickels. Recipient of the highest score in the Index of Effluency--as determined by a super-secret equation including vehicle age, general hooptieness, reliability of country of origin, unlikelihood of success, and the Organizers' whim--receives $501, plus a free entry in the team's next race.

B

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker

Last edited by SVXRide; 09-23-2012 at 09:16 PM.