View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 07:06 PM

Re: Remote Mount Turbo

Ummm, do some reading. The limits of the EG33 have clearly been tested. Why don't you take a look at how many engines YT blew up.
EJ22t, is a completely different animal. Completely forged internals, closed deck, and low compression. The EG33 is open deck, high compression and the pistons are not forged, which is why ring lands are the first thing to fail.

Also, Phil's old car has been running 9psi on 93 oct and 15psi on e85 for a few years now. There is a lot more info around than you have found. (have you even searched?)

I have used the high speed search function on several occasions, usually there are to many results to get the info. like searching for turbo yields so many results you can't find what you want.
I know the EJ22T is a different animal I was merely using it as an example.
I didn't realize Phil's old car was running 9psi on 93 octane so thanks for that information, it puts my mind at ease a little bit.
I also just searched for "ring lands" and found an informative thread so I may have been using too broad of search terms and getting spammed with results.
I am not trying to take anything away from any of the members here.
In any case Thanks 1986nate

Last edited by Subaru Alliance; 02-22-2012 at 07:36 PM.