View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 02:50 PM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
Pulled the Sway Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbrudder View Post
yeah, i used different ones. the ones in this thread, "Winter mod: Front & Rear Prothane Bushings". so how sure are you that this front bar is suppose to be straight? i can't find any pics of one to verify. if it is bent that would explain some chattering. how the heck could it even get bent between there, i've never even heard of anyones doing that. nobody has had there front sway bar out?
I have my Front sway bar out.
I pulled it out while trying to stop the chattering that I have at low speeds.
But no luck with the chatter yet.

There is an offset built into the Bar, the offset is about 16 inches long, and when sitting in the correct position, it will kick that area of the bar back by right about 1/2 inch.
This is obviously something that was engineered into the bar, and not something that took place because of any stresses on the car.

No camera available at the moment, but I'll post a pic soon.
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles

Last edited by ShiuludeSVX; 10-12-2007 at 02:51 PM. Reason: general wording