View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 09:04 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
I'm not sure about the fuel pump thing, but the cv joint i have plenty of experience with. If you get down on the ground by the wheel and look up you should see the boot. Here's a picture, though it isn't of the svx, but should look similar:

Feel around that for holes, it may be completely torn and two pieces. The boot holds a lubricant allowing the joint to operate properly, and when it drains out, it doesn't move so well. After a bit of wear, it starts to click, and eventually break. If your clicking, chances are it's damaged,a nd you'll need a new cv joint. I do not reccomend repairing the boot at that point. You can have it repaced/fixed in a shop for about 150$. Check the other side that is not clicking, chances are it is torn too, as it is rather common. My axles were replaced just before i bought my car, and the boots were nice and shiny, so i don't have to worry about it for a while, but it was done once, and the car has 129k miles on it.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!