View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S.
Where did it go?

This is what I was told by some guy in some Subaru shop whom I asked just to change my engine and tranny oil, and some kinda fuel injector service which might have been a huge waste of money. $25 in discount and I still got reamed for $312. :/

I told him that doesn't make any sense. The thing was working not too long ago. I wouldn't have had to replace the valve if the system was gone, would I? He says oil is getting into my intake but I don't think it is..
I told them I get random hiccups while driving (the car, not me) and maybe he was just trying to find an excuse for it. I'm pretty sure it's the ****ty fuel.
When I checked over their work I found my intake clamps were loosened and the hose coming off the side was disconnected.
-
He says the rack and pinion gears are leaking. What would they leak exactly? PS fluid? Where is this gear?

He says my left front camshaft seal is leaking. Which one is that?

The other problems they found I either knew about or are not problems as they see them. My timing cover was not drilled out by my current pulley like he thought.

I don't think I should trust this place anymore.

$312 for an oil change and fuel injector smoke oil? I can't believe that. You can remove your injectors, have them cleaned professionally and blueprinted for 1/2 that price.

If you didn't have your PVC system on there you shouldn't be running except at high rpm. The car would simply die at an idle (at least if it was like my BRAT and my XT6).

Its fairly common for some blowby to make it into the intake. You'll know if in 2000k miles if its serious just by removing the intake hose from the intake.

Not so sure about the PS issue as I'm not sure what he was refering too.

The cam seal is behind the timing belt. Don't know how he'd be able to narrow it down to this seal w/o removing the cover but if its leaking horribly or left a spot he probably just is guessing that's it (and is probably right).