View Single Post
Old 05-16-2003, 02:10 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Re: Factory alarm upgrade

Quote:
Originally posted by clarkerussell
Hello all,

I've about given up on trying to find a used alarm module for my 1996. I think I'm just going to get an aftermarket alarm and install it. My question is, where could I find the female plug that would attach to the factory alarm wiring harness? If I could find this part, I could use it to make a harness similar to the factory radio harness. Thanks in advance.

Clarke

P.S.- If anyone has a spare alarm box they want to sell, PLEASE let me know. I'd really like to stay factory on this. Thanks.
No luck with the wrecking yards?

You can buy a brand new factory alarm from 1stsubaruparts.com for $225. In includes the alarm module, the ignition relay, the "security button", and two remotes. Its more than what you need, but if you really want a factory alarm, you can get it.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.