View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 11:06 PM

Registered SVX
Sorry, another Koni insert question

Hello,
I have done some research on this, I would like to replace my struts with Koni inserts because I have terrible rattling over bumps and it is very annoying. These inserts don't look too difficult to install, and if I do these I will gladly type up a complete how to. I have a few general questions first however.

1. I was looking at this thread: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...t=koni+inserts
and they mention that they needed to grind the stock strut and could not use the pipe cutter, what is the reason for this?
2. Does the stock spring work well with these struts? I assume I will notice a huge difference, however, who is using stock springs with koni inserts, and what is your opinion.
3. Is there a special procedure for removing the struts from our car, and should I expect terrible strut mounts or are they generally good?
4. Will the koni inserts tell me the distance that I will need to cut the stock strut?
5. does anyone have any bad old struts I could buy so that I could do these and not have any down time. I will post this in the parts wanted as well, however I figured i would ask.
6. Aside from the vise and the proper drill sizes, grinder, and pipe cutter, are there any special tools required for this install.

Thank you for your help,
Joe