View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 03:20 AM

Re: SVX's in Australia

Quote:
Originally posted by lupus
G'day i'm new to theses forums but in the last few days i've had a sudden obsession with the SVX. I'm only 17 and at the moment i drive an Impreza RX and up until a few days ago i had no idea what a SVX was. I'vs done a bit of research and read some posts and i just wanted to know a few more things about them as in later years i would really like to own one.

I know that there are only like 250 in Australia and i have read that there are only 5 in WA which is unfortunate because i live in Perth and that will make it all the more harder to get. Ok for starters i would like to know what the general asking price for one is, i've seen some on the net for around 20k but you guys seem to think that is to much.

More questions to follow soon.

Cheers for any assistance

Lupus
G'day Lupus and welcome to the forum, I hope that you find the answers here to your questions.

The SVX, and most people on this forum, are a good bit different from the norm. (All good thoughts here)

The SVX was built with the intention of producing a Grand Tourismo style of vehicle which would cover great distances in comfort and safety regardless of the weather. This was a move away from Subes normal economical and robust cars. Result was that they built a beautiful car that they forgot to market.

I think that 250 SVX's in Oz is a bit optomistic, others will be able to give a better figure on this, what with crashes and wrecking etc.

The price of a car is really a matter for you to decide, this will always depend on age, mileage, condition and how much you want it. I've seen '92's for about $15K I think I've heard of cheaper but can't recall seeing these ads myself. Mine is a '92 which I bought last year for around $17k, this was originally advertised for $22k, I would have probably have been happy to pay 20K for it but when we started dealing the price just kept coming down, good for me.

Dearest I've heard about is $39k for a '96-7. I have seen an ad for a '92 at the $30k mark. One thing for sure is that as soon as you've bought one there will be a bargain pop up, seems to be the law of average's.

Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Kenn
BTW I sort of remember a black '92 for sale in Melbourne for about $11. Reports on the condition of the car were not good at the time.