View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 12:50 AM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Yup, the H2 and H3 were both marketed for yuppies with shallow wallets. I took the H3 out for a test drive several months back and got passed by a kid on a bike so they suck on road, barley the power to keep up on the freeway, although the low end torque of the I5 combined with the low final drive gear ratio mean it is properley set up for off road, and while it may not be as nimble offroad (not a definate, it does have 20 years of devolopment on the H1) it is small enough to fit where the H1 never could. Besides, driving an 8 foot wide truck really keeps you (me) on my toes, I like it, however I gotta keep extra thought on how wide I am in tight spaces. I wouldn't knock an H3 driver who takes it offroad, but the H2... as far as instability, is that in comparison to other stock SUVs or other lifted SUVs? It does have a fairly wide stance, and when I drove it I didn't find it unstable past what I would expect from a similar vehicle of another marque. It does what it does quite well, but gains a bad name for its self among people who think because it is not marketed as what it really is because it wouldn't sell well enough, I wouldn't want one to drive arround every day with that power or stigma, but to the best of my knowledge only that and the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon are really set up for off road from the factory, and I believe GM offers a pickup with the same off road package as the H3, but not a Chevy/GMC downsize SUV
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.

Last edited by NapaBavarian; 01-24-2006 at 12:54 AM.