View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha
Hi Ahmed,

Eid Mubarrak. Whereabouts in London are you? We are not far from Heathrow.

I think it's fair to say that unless you have a really obscure problem, a good mechanic should not need any special diagnostics equipment for this car. If your "Check Engine" light is showing then you can even get the diagnostic codes from the cars inbuilt computer.

When your car is running in petrol mode, then it should presumably run just like any other SVX. If you have a look around for threads on idle problems, the information will probably be relevant.

First thing I would check is that the air filter is not clogged up and none of the vacuum hoses are leaking.

Then check the coolant temperature sensor and air bypass valve - these work like the choke in an older car to richen the fuel/air mixture when the engine is cold.

Phil.

thanks for your ideas on the possible causes of my cars runing problem, i have changed the air filter but with regards to the other items , i am not 'hands-on' enough to deal with them

can you recomend someone who has experiance with the svx, as my local dealer would rather not dable with it.

regards