View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink

The feminine appearance is something that cannot be generalized. To say one body is more feminine than an other is as foolish as saying a red apple looks more apple-ish than a green one.

Yes, but a red & green apple look more apple-ish than a zucchini.

Attitudes, and more disturbingly movement has been divided into female/male. We have codified expression into gender; instead of a human expressing it self as a human it must be a man expressing himself as a woman or vice versa. This cancer infects all forms of expression.

With all due respect, Matthew, my friend; you seem to disdain the, argueable perhaps, inherent differences between the genders. I would maintain today's societal bent to make us a "unisex" culture has been a detriment, & led to a confusion of roles that had been with all humans for eons.

“A human being has two hands and two feet, until a being exist with three or four of each there will only be one form of expression, the Human form.” There is no female action or male action, only Human action.

Sorry, Mr. Lee, but my hands & stature will deny me the chance to slam-dunk a basketball, as well as 99.9% of female humans. However, I wonder how fast Shaq can knit a doily?

It follows that there is no gender divided point of view, only a human point of view. Until we shed the idea that there is an ideal womanly or manly form we will always be plagued by discrimination and false identities.

Nah. Face it, life is discriminatory. We (all humans) can strive to overcome discrimination, but there are obvious limits.

As my sister grew into adolescence she was uncomfortable with her body as many people at that age are. My mother consoled her saying that “you are a woman, yes? Then you are the best woman there is because you are the way you are meant to be”. A woman can only be woman; with that frame of mind every woman is the best example of a woman. Likewise, a human can only be a human.

Huh?

Feminism strives for equality but the way it does this is by creating a division. Suddenly, the world is divided into feminist and non-feminist. By accepting the labels of manliness and womanliness we create a fracture between the two.

I prefer to celebrate the differences. Maybe we haven't gotten it exactly right yet, but I'll talk to my bartender tonight.

Ron. (Prefers Catherine Zeta-Jones to Rosie O'Donnell - shame on me).

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.