View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb
Oh Bipa, Was your post an attempt to justify the muffin. Just looking for a hidden message. Take care and enjoy that muffin, BOBB
Me? Naw... I never need to justify a choc. chip muffin! Although Hubby has mentioned I'm getting a little plump I should'ha been born in the 15th C.... then I could eat all the muffins I want... oops... don't think choc. chip muffins were invented back then Guess I'm better off living now, enjoying the occasional muffin and just ignoring the whole "ideal female form" thingie, eh (One of these days I just might post a photo or two of me that might surprise a few folks - just got back a photo shoot that turned out quite ... errrr ... interesting )

Actually, I've been toying all day with the idea of posting something revolving around my favourite quote from Jean-Jacques Rousseau. Matthew mentioned him first, so I'm not being too presumptuous by quoting him back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewmongan
the quote "men are born free but walk in chains" is rusoe [sic]
Problem is that I simply haven't been able to manage a big enough block of time to settle my thoughts and churn out something coherent.

I came across the following quote in my first year Poly-Sci class at UofT and it has stuck in my head ever since. Has become a mantra of sorts ever since I moved to Europe.

"to be sane in a world of madmen is in itself a kind of madness"

I was planning to tie it in with another of Rousseau's quotes
"Nature never deceives us; it is we who deceive ourselves"

Tomorrow I have tons to do and then we go away for the weekend. Then I'm hoping on Monday to finally get down to Switzerland and pick up the totally fixed and good-as-new SVX! Yeah!

So I'll leave you all to ponder my quotes, and I'll see what I find when I get back and answer any mail waiting for me.

What the heck... call me crazy
(munch)