View Single Post
Old 06-28-2003, 12:30 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Bottomless religion discussion?

Wow.

I haven't been here for a couple of days. This is a surprise. And not one of the posts is from Rob.

Many folks here know how my religious views impact my life. A few even share my perspective. I've considered most of you to be personal friends. The fact is: friends sometimes talk about religion and/or politics. Proseletizing? Yeah, I suppose sometimes I do. (Heh. A lot of the local church-types tend to think I'm more of an SVX evangelist.) If you know anything about the last two verses of the book of Matthew (it's in the Bible ), you'll understand that proseletizing is sort of a commandment. Just the same, I've always felt that restraint was appropos here, in light of the community, and for that reason I've held back from saying a lot of things that I'd like to have said.

I think this is probably my third (or so) religious-oriented post in as many years. Not too bad. (Ask my friends, they'll tell ya.) Inappropriate for an SVX site? Yeah, probably. Call me socially inept. It won't be the first time.

I'm not likely to change. I don't see any real reason for that. Gonna ban me? That would be the supreme irony.

Okay, back to the (off-topic) topic. Larry, I can sure sympathize with that.

Most of the other on-topic (off-topic) comments were rather cliche, a few being historically unsupportable (in light of Earl's totally appropriate comment).

Oh, and thanks Mitch. I think.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>