View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Limecat is not amused.

Registered SVX
Re: What other cars have you owned?

1996 Acura 3.5RL: 3rd owner, handmedown from my dad's father, who then handed the car down to me when he got his dad's LS430 (which I want to own when his father stops driving his LS460). Hated the car at first, but as I drove it everywhere in highschool, I grew to love it's ride, and it's power. FWD but it handled great. Drove it the Kern River more than once for rafting, hauled bicycles with it, and pretty much all over california. Crashed it on the way to school one morning. Took a canyon road short cut too fast and wound up on top of a guard rail next to a cliff. Trashed the subframe, engine, oil pan, axles, and transmission housing. left it with the insurance company and still went to school with a possible concussion, idk, everything passed very slowly and weird.
1973 Opel GT: Mother's father's car, it seemed to be plagued with gremlins, various electrical problems throughout it's life, brake cable failure which caused a fender bender. Headgasket failure finally sidelined the car around 1981, and I coveted it since I was a little kid. Waiting on getting the cash together to put it together with toyota running gear from a mid '80's corolla.
1992 SVX LSL: first truly owned car, paid $2000 for it from a fat guy in syracuse. Said he couldn't fit in it anymore and wanted cash to pay off a 90's escalade. Got a free set of rims out of it. Drove it with minor mechanical problems until december, when I left it at a local repairshop (dodge/chrysler/jeep). They left it out in the snow for 4 weeks, killed the battery, and never did a bit of work on it. Picked it up and didn't pay anything for it. The motor spun a bearing in february and the rest is history here, nearly finished with the swap and new parts.