View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 10:21 AM
msatpro

almost 60 miles from me

No, it's not that far, but it's not that close either. Mapquest told me: 1 hour and almost 60 miles. I would be more than happy to do the inspection for you. I believe what you need on the pass. side is a window regulator(or maybe a motor). I have needed one on my drivers door for some time and actually ordered it but they sent it back before I was able to pick it up. It was around 170 bucks. I have a temporary repair holding the window up.
I would do it any evening or on Saturdays. I't looks like it could take three times as long to get there during rush hour, so find out if he/they keep Saturday hours +/or are open until 9pm, and if it is at a business, if they have a lift.
Without any trafic problems it would take 2+ hours of travel and cost $110 - $150 depending on conditions of car, weather, and travel time.
The list of potential problems and estimated repair costs can be used as leverage against the asking price. I own an svx so I am already familiar with most of their common problems. These are easy to check. Even though Carfax shows no accidents, looking for the UNSEEN is the most important. I will give my BEST OPINION ON THE GENERAL CONDITION of the vehicle and components but there is no guarantee of longevity or prior repair history beyond my ability to see these things in my inspection.
Since the history was flawlless, Id say you have a great start!
Next step is an inspection and a testdrive
Let me know if you want me to e-mail you my cell #.
Mike S.